What is a Transcript?
When students change schools or seek admission to a different college or university, the official transcript is usually mailed from school to school.
A transcript is a copy of a student’s permanent academic record, which usually means all courses taken, all grades received, from the first day of school to the current school year.
An official transcript is prepared and sent by the issuing school usually by the Student Registrar with an original signature of a school official on the school letterhead and is sealed by the school.
NOUN Undergraduate Transcript Application Guidelines
Applications are treated on first-come, first-served basis (Applications will be treated in the order it was received)
Transcript within Nigeria is N15,000 only, and outside Nigeria is N30,000 only)
Amount to be paid for document verification is N15,000.
Where Official Academic Transcript can be forwarded to:
Academic Transcripts can only be forwarded to equivalent academic institutions, professional institutes, Scholarship Boards, Educational Consulting firms and Embassies for academic purposes.
Official Transcripts can only be forwarded to the official email i.e. registrar@…, internationaladmissions@…. deanpgschool@…, AND/OR addresses of the Registrar/Dean of Postgraduate School of an equivalent academic institutions, Scholarship Boards and Embassies
Upload of electronic copy of official transcript can only be uploaded to the official web link/website of equivalent academic institutions, scholarship boards, embassies. You are expected to provide the link/URL, username and password through email@example.com in order to enable us complete the upload.
Where Official Academic Transcript CANNOT be forwarded to:
Official Academic Transcripts CANNOT be issued directly to individual address/emails/official email (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Official Academic Transcripts CANNOT be collected by hand
Official Academic Transcripts CANNOT be sent through any third party organization (Soft or Hard copy)
Official Academic Transcripts CANNOT be sent to Companies/organization for the purpose of employment, however a request for the verification of the person’s certificate can be made for this purpose.
How To Apply For NOUN Undergraduate Transcript
1. Payment is only to be made via the Remita platform via www.remita.net as follows:
2. Click on Pay FGN and State TSA
3. Who do you want to Pay to (type “National Open University of Nigeria”)
4. Name of Service /Purpose (select “Academic Transcript”), Ignore the field for “GIFMIS CODE (If unknown contact the MDA)”
5. Purpose of Payment/ Description (type “Undergraduate Transcript”), enter other relevant details, and pay online or in the bank.
Read also: NOUN graduates exit survey
6. Please fill in your details (phone number and e-mail address in the appropriate boxes)
7. Amount to be paid should be indicated. (Transcript within Nigeria is N15,000 only, and outside Nigeria is N30,000 only)
8. Payment of cash or any additional amount outside the aforementioned approved fee to any official of the university is prohibited
9. Remita will send a mail to your e-mail, print it out and take to any bank for payment. After payment;
10. A transcript applicant is to fill the fields provided in the transcript application page and upload the following:
Remita receipt, Bank teller/e-invoice,
Copy of the Certificate/Declaration of Age and Transcript label (if applicable).
For WES, NNAS, CGFNS, NMBI Forms etc, and any other documents should be uploaded.
11. If you have paid and obtained the necessary documents, Click HERE to commence your transcript application online via the school’s website.
NOUN Transcript official Contacts: 08167424141 or via mail on firstname.lastname@example.org